The Lock at the Bourke Weir was the first built on a river along the Murray/Darling River systems. Built-in 1897, and was designed to maintain a reasonable level of water in the river near the town. The lock measures 59.5 metres between gates and is 11 metres wide. It was concreted and converted into a weir in 1941.
Pick up the Bourke Brochure from the Back O’ Bourke Information and Exhibition Centre.
It is located seven kilometres West of Bourke on Anson Street.