Historic Dunlop Station

Information

Established in 1880, the Dunlop property is the 881-hectare homestead block of the former eponymous station which, in its heyday a century ago, sprawled over nearly 400,000 hectares. That was when Dunlop was one of the Bourke district holdings – along with Toorale and Nocoleche– of Sir Samuel McCaughey and his brothers.

Today, the Darling River station is owned by the Chandler family, who are working to preserve and restore the property to its original state.

It was the first shearing shed in Australia to have mechanical shears.

Facilities

  • Family Friendly
  • Camp Kitchen
  • Outdoor Dining Area
  • Outdoor Furniture

Other

  • Birdwatching
  • Fishing