Milparinka Courthouse Interpretive Centre

Information

Designed by Colonial architect James Barnet and built in 1896, the Milparinka Courthouse is a classic example of the fine design and construction of the day. Its function as a courthouse ceased in the 1920s and by the 1980s the building was in disrepair.

Restored by the local community, the beautiful sandstone building today forms the hub of the Milparinka Heritage Precinct. Interpretive panels explain the region's history from Aboriginal times, through exploration to settlement. Family histories can be explored though the many references available.

During the school holiday periods, activities are available to engage younger people in learning about the region's natural and human history.

No visit to Milparinka can be complete without a visit to the Courthouse.

Facilities

  • Carpark
  • Family Friendly
  • Public Toilet
  • Coach Parking
  • Enquiry Desk
  • Pet Friendly - Enquire
  • Picnic Area
  • Gallery / Museum
  • Caravan / Camper Trailer / Campervan Sites / Campsites
  • Lawn / Gardens
  • Interactive Centre

Other

  • Free Wifi
  • Indigenous themes and/or interpretation
  • International
  • Walks
  • Aboriginal Culture
  • History & Heritage

Accessibility

  • Disabled access available, contact operator for details.

Contact

2 Loftus Street, Milparinka, 2880, Australia